Dear Clients and Friends,
I am taking time today to write you about the recent announcements regarding the COVID-19 virus. Like you, we are saddened to hear of the rising number of cases and the cancellations of events and gatherings. We realize that taking steps to slow the spread is of utmost importance and we’d like to make you aware of the precautionary measures we are taking at Holder Mattress Co., Inc. The health and safety of our staff and customers is our primary concern. All updates will be in bold lettering.
We are closely monitoring the recommendations of local officials and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. At this time we will continue business as normal. Our retail locations and factory will remain open, but with modifications. Our factory is closed to the public. Our showrooms in Carmel and Kokomo will be staffed from 10a to 5p, Monday through Saturday. WE REQUEST THAT ALL MATTRESS CUSTOMERS MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR PRIVATE SHOPPING to minimize your exposure and allow us to sanitize our store between customers. To make an appointment at your convenience at either location, contact us and we will facilitate your request. We encourage all customers that are able to wear a mask. Our staff will wear masks when serving you. If you don’t have one, we will provide a disposable one for you. Reusable masks are available for purchase at $5.95 each. We also have hand sanitizing stations and encourage you to use them.
In addition to our routine cleaning procedures, we will begin a daily sanitizing effort to insure a safe and clean environment for our shoppers. Our staff has been educated on best practices to be proactive and adaptive in promoting the well-being of our guests. We use disinfectants on all common areas. Our mattress sets are sanitized by LCD UVC lights after every customer appointment. We schedule time between appointments for this process. Our sales staff regularly wash their hands after interactions with customers and currency. We will refrain from shaking hands, but will always offer a smile. We will continue to monitor the guidance of public health experts and be flexible with our approach as needed.
We ask that you aid in our efforts by using these common sense practices:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the restroom, eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water is unavailable, use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol
- If you are scheduled for an in store appointment or to receive a delivery and are feeling ill or have been in contact with a confirmed case, please call us to reschedule
- We will call to confirm your delivery 24 hours prior to your scheduled window of time. We will ask you a series of questions to determine if your delivery can be made safely without undue risk.
- Our delivery staff will wear masks and gloves during your installation. We ask that only one person be present in the room with our staff and that person should where a mask and/or keep a minimum distance of 6 feet.
I’d also like to take a moment to remind you that while this time is scary in terms of a pandemic, it is also scary for small businesses like ours. Local and small businesses are the heart of every city and the most fragile in tumultuous times. We pay local taxes, employ our neighbors and support our communities. Most of us aren’t sitting on a nest egg, we are relying on regular patronage to provide for our families and the families of those we employ. When everything from school to sporting events have been cancelled, remember the importance local goods and services. Order carry-out from a local restaurant, send flowers, shop local stores online, buy gift cards, and tip delivery personnel.
We will sell online or over the phone, ship or deliver, and do everything possible to earn your business while making it as convenient for you as we are able. When the threat of COVID-19 has ended, we will all want to see a thriving business community, not the shell of one that was forgotten. To that end, in a plug of shameless self-promotion, we are currently offering tent sale pricing on mattress sets and free shipping on pillows, protectors, and bedding. Use code DAD10 to save $10 on your online order through the month of June.
Spread love, not germs.
Holder Mattress Co., Inc.